Foreigner Application for Residence Permit for Work
I. Suitable Applicants
Foreigners working in Chengdu
II. Legal Basis
Exit and Entry Administration Law of the People’s Republic of China
Administrative Regulations of the People’s Republic of China on Entry and Exit of Foreigners
III. Application Conditions
Foreigners holding Z Visa or other visas shall, after entry into China, apply for work-type residence permit.
IV. Application Materials
1. Original copies of passport or other international travel document, and visa page and entry stamp;
2. Visa / Stay Permit / Residence Permit Application Form;
3. Original copy of Accommodation Registration Form for Foreign Nationals;
4. One recently taken photo, with white background and showing the upper body and full, uncovered face;
5. Foreigners holding Z Visa shall submit the original copies of Alien Employment Permit, Foreign Expert Certificate and Commercial Performance Certificate and other work permits issued by local human resources & social security organ or the organs in charge of foreign experts, culture or sports;
6. Original copy of document of proof of the host unit (contents shall contain: 1. brief description of the employment unit and the applicant; 2. reasons for applying: the applicant’s activity in China, duration of stay in China and travel itinerary; and 3. the applicant's certificate of guarantee for his/her living expenses within the duration of stay in China and compliance with laws and regulations of China);
7. Foreigners holding visas of other types shall also submit proof of high-level human resource or special personnel in short supply in China, in accordance with the conditions or requirements prescribed by relevant Chinese authorities, or submit original copies of other relevant materials required that satisfy requirements;
8. Foreigners applying for residence permit valid for more than one year shall submit original copy of health certificate;
9. Host units not registered or filed for annual inspection shall submit original copy of registration certificate of annual inspection. Host units registered and filed for annual inspection shall submit the original copy of registration and filing certificate for annual inspection (see the Instructions of Registration and Filing of Host Units);
10. Original copies of other required documents.
11. For documents under aforementioned Items 1, 5, 7 and 9, the applicant shall also provide one photocopy of each document.
V. Limit on Duration of Stay
High-level foreign talents or professionals and investors in short supply may apply for residence permit valid for no more than five years. Foreigners working in a registered host unit with good records may apply for residence permit valid for no more than two years. Other foreigners may apply for residence permit valid for no more than one year. Exit and entry administrations of public security organ shall have the discretion to determine the appropriate duration of stay on the basis of the applicant’s situation.
For foreign high-level human resources or specialized personnel in short supply in China that are applying for residence permits under the circumstance prescribed in Condition 1, they may authorize the application to their host units or individuals, relatives, or specialized agencies.
VI. Authorized Application
When handling the application for visa, extension and re-issuance of visa or residence permit, and for stay permit, the exit and entry administration of public security organ shall require the applicant to apply in person and interview. Under any of the following circumstance, application may be authorized to host units or individuals, relatives of the applicant, or specialized agencies:
1. Applicant is under the age of 16, or at the age of 60 or above, or has mobility difficulties due to illness or other reasons.
2. Applicant has been to China before and has kept a good record of stay or residence in China.
3. Host unit or individual provides guarantee measures for applicant's expenses in China.
Foreigners applying for residence permit shall proceed to exit and entry administration of public security organ and apply in person. For foreign high-level human resources or specialized personnel in short supply in China that are applying for residence permits under the circumstance prescribed in Condition 1, application may be authorized to host units or individuals, relatives of the applicant, or specialized agencies.
VII. Handling Procedures
Consult -- Fill in forms -- Get queue number -- 开元棋牌现金官网 accepted -- Obtain receipt of application document -- Print payment voucher -- Pay fees -- Obtain visa
Address: Chengdu Exit and Entry Administration
VIII. Processing Time
15 working days
1. All relevant documents in a foreign language shall have Chinese translation.
2. Applicants are required to be interviewed. If requirements for authorized application are satisfied, the applicant can authorize an appointee to apply. However, if the applicant or authorized unit or individual is informed for the interview but fails to be interviewed at the appointed time without valid reason, the application may be rejected.
3. If registered item in residence permit has changed, the holder shall, within 10 days from the date of alteration, apply for registration of alteration and provide relevant documents.
4. Applicants with Chinese household register shall cancel their household registrations before filing application, and shall submit certificate of cancellation of household registration when required.
5. Employing units shall register at Chengdu Exit and Entry 开元棋牌现金官网 Center in accordance with the Instructions of Registration and Filing of Host Organizations.
X. Notes on Laws and Regulations
1. Foreigners residing in China applying for extension of duration of residence shall file applications at least 30 days prior to the expiration of the validity period on their residence permits.
2. Applicants whose passports or other international travel documents are held by authorities for the purpose of application processing can legally stay in China with service acceptance receipt.
3. Units or individuals that issue written invitations shall be liable for the authenticity of the contents.
4. If employer units discover that foreigner has quitted, changed location of work, violated laws and regulations on exit and entry administration, or has died or disappeared, they shall report relevant information to the exit and entry administration of public security organ.
5. Exit and entry administration of public security organ can verify the authenticity of the specific application matters by way of interview, telephone consulting or field investigation. Applicants and units or individuals that issue invitations and documents shall cooperate as required.
6. If exit and entry administration of public security organ decides not to accept the applications for permit extension or re-issuance, or not issue stay or residence permits for foreigner, or not extend the duration of stay, such decisions shall be final.
7. Permit-issuing authorities are not required to give reasons for refusing permit issuance.